Thursday, December 13, 2007

Disappointing..What Else Can I Say

Yes, I choked. What a great opportunity shooting last in the qualifier last night. Knowing the score to beat to get to the final, I could not have asked for a better situation. I was very confident that a score of around 20 was coming when I stepped up.

When I look back on what happened, it was very similar to Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction. Sometimes things happen unexpectedly, but you move on. You cannot let one incident/indiscretion fog what reality is. I'm a great shooter and I get to prove that for the rest of the season.

I cannot wait to get to practice later today because I know my teammates will give it to me, but they better be ready as I have a little built up frustration to get rid of.

Congrats to Troy DeVries for winning the Shoot Out. I look forward to crossing paths with him in another event such as this.

As for the game itself. You could sense that the Aussie team had a little better cohesion on the court which allowed them to build a comfortable lead and coast for most of the game.

My observations from the game:

- Stephen Black lite Corey "Homicide" Williams up like a Christmas tree. Sitting courtside I could hear Williams calling out to Galen Young for help on several occassions.

- Larry "Birdman" Abney had a solid game, but his most important stat had a donut last night. Zero "Birdman's". If you are a Abney fan though, look for his "Sky's the Limit" DVD. Travel with Larry through his tours of the world with hoops.

- Corey Williams was involved in 131 post game interviews last night. Yes there was a lot of media at the game but Williams conducted 125 interviews on his own handycam. Look for all those one on one interviews to hit YouTube soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep them all for the real comp JR... BUT I am sure you would have done a lot better than the 2 clowns in the finals! MY GOD

Anonymous said...

GOT CHOKE???

nah everyone has a bad day now and then... probably hyped yourself up too much to shoot well - just make sure you shoot like u didd in the shootout the nest time u play the razors JR!