Friday, March 14, 2008

Bullets for Sale, NBL Finishes, NRL Begins and Fighting Mascots

Just trying to get the good mail!

Although I'm not built for footy, I am a tragic at heart so I'm rather fired up for the start of the NRL season tonight. A mad Canberra Raiders supporter (Mal Meninga baby!) from their inception to the competition but I have to say, I do have developed a soft spot for the Cowboys.

Like all good Aussie males, I rate myself in tipping comps so I thought I would share the perfect round with you guys to kick off the season.

Titans/Cowboys: Whether Thurston is in or out (my opinion is he won't play) the Cowboys forwards will have to much "go forward" for the Titans. Cowboys

Roosters/Rabbitohs: I like Big Willie for his comments, so I'm rolling with the Big Fella for round one. Roosters

Eels/Bulldogs: Always a good one this clash. Eels will be looking to put the week's off field activities behind them, while the Dogs will be wanting to say, "Willie Who". Just because it is at Parramatta, the Eels for me.

Knights/Raiders: Always the realist, it is hard to tip against the Knights in Newcastle. The Raiders have pace to burn out wide, so they can put points on the board if given a chance. Knights

Sea Eagles/Sharks: At Brookie the Eagles in a canter.

Storm/Warriors: Everyone will think the Storm are a good thing here. Warriors are the last team to beat Melbourne in Melbourne. The Warriors have the flair to worry the Storm, but you cannot go past the Champs at home. Storm

Tigers/Dragons: A game that is hard to decide for me. A lot of unknown about each team. Dragons always get their fans hopes up, while the Tigers won't to bounce back from a poor year. Tigers

Broncos/Panthers: The return of Petro in Brissy will see an emotional and firey start to this game. Played in the heat of the day (1.00pm), I just feel the Broncos small guys will create too much space late in the game. Broncos

Tonight also is the final game of the NBL season. Game 5 in Sydney tonight will see the series decided. If this game follows the trend of the previous four, we are in for a ripper. We are due an overtime game, but I'm not asking for too much, am I.

I'm still sticking to my original train of thought of Chris Anstey or Dontaye Draper deciding this series. I felt Anstey was about to put the series to rest in Game 4, but he just couldn't deliver that "dagger" three.

Enter Draper and his 4th quarter spark. Although you could see that he was on one leg, he was a massive factor in the final outcome of the game. If he can give the Kings the same lift tonight, it might just be enough to get them over the line for their 4th Championship this decade.

In NBL news, the Bullets are For $ale. Goorj and the Kings have planted a seed of doubt. One not to miss at the Kingdome tonight.

Mascot Fighting

No comments: