Thursday, September 3, 2009

Top End Challenge

We are only about an hour away from the first game of the Top End Challenge.

At 5pm (NT time..and all times are this from now until Sunday) we kick the tournament off with two Queensland teams. The Gold Coast Blaze and the Cairns Taipans do battle on the back court while at 6pm the Melbourne Tigers take on the Wollongong Hawks, on the "Show" court.

There are two courts here in Darwin so we have a staggered start.

I will be having live look ins on the back court as there is no Internet access. I will endeavour to keep you posted with score updates for the first hour of the Queensland Derby.

Once six o'clock rolls around the Tweeting will be frenetic. I will be courtside for the Tigers and Hawks class.

I cannot wait for the platter of fried food to be delivered to the media bench. And yes, I will wash it down with a full strength Coke.

Back to the games. At 7pm the Adelaide 36ers will take on the New Zealand Breakers. I hope to have the "live" look ins happening because I'm going to be glued to the Perth Wildcats, Townsville Crocodiles contest tipping off at 8pm.

To get the latest updates from the Top End, sign up for Twitter and join me @ http://twitter.com/johnrillie .

No comments: