Monday, November 9, 2009

MJ vs Russell

According to Yahoo! Sports Marc J. Spears, Bryon Russell (of Utah Jazz fame) and Michael Jordan (not sure what his claim to fame is) are about to engage in a one-on-one battle on the court.


Jordan hinted at the idea during his Hall of Fame speech. In the meantime Russell has been working behind the scenes trying to make it work, financially for Jordan.

What are the odds of the game ending with Jordan stepping back and nailing a fade away "J" in Russell's face?

Here is how Spears reported the concept:

"Bryon Russell thinks he’s lined up enough cash and TV interest to lure Michael Jordan into a one-on-one exhibition.

Jordan called out Russell during his Hall of Fame speech, saying the former Utah Jazz swingman motivated him with his trash-talking. He challenged Russell, saying: “From this day forward, if I ever see him in shorts, I’m coming at him.”

Russell responded by telling Yahoo! Sports he would play Jordan anytime.

Russell now says he has substantial financial backing to stage a public one-on-one game, but declined to give details. He hopes to talk to Jordan soon in person and seek his approval.

“I am hoping it can get done because everybody wants to see it,” Russell said to Yahoo! Sports. “I wasn’t the one that called me out. I’m just returning the favor. I think people will fall in love with it to see M.J. and Bryon going at it again.

“I just need him to see what I got. And I guarantee you he will fall in love with what I got. It could be a very lucrative event for him that could put a smile on his face even after he loses.”"

No comments: